Sunday, January 18, 2009

09 PROMISES CHANGES

I've dropped off 2008 in the waste basket with hopes that 2009 will not only plant a smile on my face but also allowing me to step closer to my dream, which is to put a smile on one and all's face.

Now, every morning (or afternoon) I get up from bed, I tell myself, there are people out there who are waiting for me to make their dreams a reality.

2009 kicked off very well for me. I always believe if your first quarter of the year is good, the entire year would be as good. This year, I thought otherwise. Is it really true of what have been in my mind all these while? I choose to pick a different stand.

Today, I tell myself, the year ahead looks really promising, and it really will turn out to be. My days ahead are how I want them to be. Like shaping a plasticine into a square, then a triangle or perhaps into a circle, that's exactly how life works. You shape your own future. If you're a believer that your life is taking you no where, then you're forever standing at the same spot looking at people achieving so much ahead of you.

2008 was pretty uneventful for myself. I turn over a new chapter with fear and anxiety, not knowing what to expect from the new book. As hard as I tried, nothing turned out my way as I know now, I did not want to take this huge step forward and leaving behind everything else as the bitter sweet memories. I cling on all these events which in the end didn't allow me to enjoy the year. Now that we are into a different year, I don't want to regret what I did in 2008 but just take it as a long deserving break for myself.

I walked back into the underground college once more this year, but the I felt like a total different person, I knew many by their names but there were many unfamiliar faces as well. The difference is, last year, I sat there all alone waiting for class to start. In total opposite, this year, I was laughing away with people I thought I would have never said hi to.

It's a new beginning. Although late, I am confident I am able to run as fast as possible and catch up with the world out there. I want to run beyond my comfort zone and achieve the best out of my life. I want to live as if there's no tomorrow. I want to shape my life into something that will be a topic others would like to share and discuss. I want to make changes to the world, but for that to happen, I will make changes to myself first.

Nothing is impossible if you think it is possible. A whole lot of nonsense writter up there you might say, but these words are the start to a whole different world for me today. I am going to be who I am and let the world know that.

Achievements for year 2008 - ZERO

My new year resolutions :

1) Staying out of my comfort zone

2) Letting go of the negative thoughts

3) Turning myself into someone you want

4) Charity comes from the heart

5) Lecturers words to be taken seriously - focus & study

6) Glu-ing the family together

7) Achieving greater heights!

Achievements for 2009 - watch this space in 2010.

Justin Yong

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible,
and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
- St. Francis -

No comments:

Powered By Blogger